Friday, January 6, 2012

The happy times junkie

It’s just the 6th day of New Year, and boredom is creeping in like never before. If you can imagine what it takes: to be with people who always talk about Shopping, Sophie Kinsella, work marriage and earrings (or in Malayalam) then probably you might be able to fathom the avalanche of my boredom at workplace. It’s not something I can ignore because I spend most of my day in office.

I know that eternal happiness is just an illusion. I’m not even thinking about it. But isn’t there even a single person who has got a similar or a near similar mindset like me? Come on. Our office has a whopping 3000 people. The absence of this one thing has become a serious liability for me to lose interest in everything. 
 
On the other hand, at my previous workplace, it was exactly opposite to this. Outings, movies, gossiping, rumors, scandals, pulling legs and lot of coding and testing.  Even lunch and tea breaks used to be so fun filled. Such a great team, with full of happening and people with cracking sense of humors, great enthu, totally fun loving and yet there was a discipline and perseverance. I can never forget my days there. I just recall my good old days and Damn…!! It makes me feel even worse.

I carried out a retrospective of why this kolaveri to me and the answers were right in front of me. (Thank you Natasha, for making me realize it). The truth is that I’m a deprived, depressed fool and when in you are in this state of trance, you can be easily tricked by emotions. 

Long back, I used to be 24/7 cheerful person. A happy go lucky guy. But it changed. Things screwed up at home, couldn’t get into engineering, I changed my favorite workplace, started shouldering responsibilities, lost the track of love, increased travel time, traffic vows, penny in pocket, dreams worth million, unsupportive colleagues and the list goes on and on and on. But it was high time I had to learn the lessons without which I wouldn’t be what I am today. Yes.!!! Today, when I look back, I realize the fact that I came in terms with life in the gloomiest days of my life. 

That’s the silver lining I was looking for. Unlike depression, happiness is not a state of mind. It’s a decision, a choice of how you want to look at things. It is not an easy task. But not impossible. Circumstances may haunt us and problems may follow us. But as long as we embrace simple things and learn to cherish small moments in life, we’ll stay happy.

As Natasha says, Gloom is just a faded old blanket. Just pull it over and cuddle yourself in it, and you'll be a "Happy times Junkie"

No comments:

Post a Comment