Friday, January 13, 2012

Why twitter is better than facebook


Until recently, I was under the impression that twitter is boring. I always thought twitter is for the celebs and it is not aam aadmi stuff. It took me to follow a trend (#beingkannadiga) to understand the working and real power of twitter. The simplicity and efficacy of twitter is simply great. And of course this is with comparison with facebook. (Without comparison, even Himesh Reshammiya is a hero) Here is how.

I can be myself: You have absolute freedom to say anything because most of your facebook friends will be inactive here with ‘a tweet a year’ policy. I can say what I want, I need not be afraid of what my uncles, relatives and of course, girl next door will think of me. For e.g. if I tweet “Hey Sandy, stop following Chandrika, she’s a bitch, it would still remain a tweet and not become a post of national importance. More importantly, Chandrika can never reply “Tej, you bastard” because my profile name on twitter can be @assholeforlife or @devatamanushya


No wall: Oh come on. Not Rahul Dravid. I’m talking about your facebook wall. Not having a wall is advantageous a way beyond your imagination. Your friend’s friend’s friend’s 17th common gay friend, who molested you 17 years back, cannot write on your wall, “Hey dude... Remember How I removed your pants... Nostalgic” and even worse, the whole world will not know about it. So you won’t be embarrassed for whatsoever reasons.

Profiles picture is not “THE THING” on twitter. So guys need not secretly monitor a profile with a sexy babe’s picture until her best friend, out of pure jealousy tags her real pic with carbon deposits on her face. People who hate Rahul Gandhi, people who share rape videos to post mortem pics, love failures, checking into their toilets, 35360 thought for the days by a broken hearted guy in just 17 days, culinary delight pics of newlywed (husbands forced to comment on it)  and many other crap won’t trouble you at all on twitter. And there’s no chatting. Just say what you want to and keep going with your work.

It’s all about tweet and re tweet: Ýou tweet something. They like it. They re tweet or reply to your tweet. You like their tweets often. You follow them. That’s all about twitter. Simple and straight. Not a gay like facebook. 
No wall, friends list with 500 friends of which 475 don’t even say Hi. No hungry monsters waiting to chat, tag, like, post, ping and poke.

I’m just passing on the gyan to you. Keep it with you and share it if you want. But, Wait. What are you doing.? Heyyy wait..!!! Please no. Don’t get all active on twitter and curb my freedom. Let me be real me.

Yours humorously
@teajstej

image courtesy: seoinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment