Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The mid summer contemplation


It’s been pretty long time since I wanted to write something. But the chores kept me busy, very busy. Back to back meetings, calls that lasts till late night, eat-work-sleep has been the agenda for quite some time now. And of late, like two lovers on a first date, I’m suffering from ROT(Running Out of Topic) syndrome. So there’s nothing exclusive about this post as well. Just my thought process activated.

Thanks for all the overwhelming birthday wishes. I’ve always felt really good to have sooo many good friends. Waking up to superb Champagne, a bunch of beautiful roses (I know that’s too girlish) and a yummy butterscotch cake @ 6.30am on a Sunday morning is really fantastic start to your birthday. Lunch @ bobby dhaba followed by bowling and homemade pani puri sums up to an awesome day. I wish I could mention the wacky and whimsical birthday gifts I got by Anil, Navya, JJ and Neha, but never mind. And Meera, thanks for the courier. You did manage to get it delivered right on April first..!!

Now that I’ve crossed 25, I consider myself of being out of quarter life crisis. Life is taking diversions on steep curves. On a serious note, with 8 of my closest friends getting into nuptials, (I can’t believe it), sometimes I think is it the peer pressure that seemingly building up slowly? Naah.. I’m too busy thinking about managing my finances more than fantasizing about Katy Perry and Kareena Kapoor. So I believe I’m on a safer side. I can sense that my revolutionary and radical thinking is slowly substituted by Patience and perseverance. Uncleness is slowly plunging in. But I’m resisting hard. I’ve also realized that using too many F words won’t make the reactionary, a rebellion. Responsibilities are forcing me to come out of the happy go lucky state. In all, the prime of life is really boring.

I’m hoping that IPL will ensure that April and May isn’t really that dreary. My new phone is helping me watch movies and series whilst the 2.5 hrs of travelling every day. My HD movie collection is a real savior @ home. After more than 100 bad experiences with the Bangalore auto driver, I chucked them for good and now Rag’s Victor is running a supreme 55 kmpl (I silently show my mid finger while overtaking autos). With All India Bakchod and Dr. Sheldon Cooper, I’ve got back my weirdo laughter (For all those who know how I laugh)! 

Alas, The prime of life may be boring, nevertheless, the secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday man...its always nice to have surprises from your near and dear friends...for me its some feeling that can't be expressed in words...
    once again...happy birthday...have fun... :)

    and one more thing...from the next time when you're out of topic, do right whatever you feel like...its gives the readers like me the best read...I love such random posts...cheers 'n' smiles... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cynosure: Thank you for the wishes. Yes. Surprises are always feel good things!

    Point taken. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been more fun reading if you have mentioned what gift you got...Anywaz we had awesome time....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have turned so formal that you started saying thank you to me also? Uncleness has surely taken you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anil: Hahaha.. I'd be the scapegoat then..!!!
    @Meera: At least now you've realized that I've moved on :P

    ReplyDelete