Boss, if you are not aware of how awesome Windows phone 8
and Nokia Lumia series phone are means, you’re one waste only. When I saw Nokia
Lumia 800, then and there only I wanted to buy one Nokia Windows phone. But all
my friends kept on saying that “No apps in market, No apps in market” and scared
me very much. So only I scrapped the idea of shifting to Windows. This Windows
phone has No apps and all are old news. This Nokia fellows are there no, very
intelligent only. Today, I attended this #Apptasting indiblogger meet no, I got
my answers ya. There I came to know one innovative way by nokia to increase the
apps in their market. You are asking how right? You only read on I say.
First of all, this #apptasting event was held in ITC
Gardenia hotel in Bangalore. Good for all the @Themangofellow like me. The
event was hosted by two fellows. One is the famous tech journo Rajeev Makhni. And
co hosted by Vikas Khanna. This fellow has his career in his name only. Khana
with an extra N topping. He is the famous cook who cooked for Obama also. Now
you remember a? When hardcore techies and cookies (Not the Internet one I say)
come together, it is full fun only.
So many new apps were
demonstrated which were interesting. This citylens by Nokia maps is simply
amazing. Just hold your camera in a direction and it lists you all the
happening places around. Some cool apps
and some hot apps also. There was this app which lets you take videos normally and
edit it to change the way it is presented. This Rajeev made Vikas do a ramp
walk and took a video. Funny fellow. Within seconds, that app turned Vikas’
walk in Charlie Chaplin style ya. Cool na? And there was another app which
changes your hairstyle totally. I imagined this Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
interchanging hairstyle means how it will be. Full funny app for timepass.
Not just timepass apps. There is one dangerous app also. If
this app gets into Bangalore police hands means gone only. Why means, it checks
the alcohol level in your body and tell you whether you can drive home or hell.
Full risk only yaa. There is an app that teach you how to dance in Gangnam
style. Boss, if you want to sell these apps in India means you ought to have
Annamma dance app, Balle Balle app, Kolaveri app and all. Gangnam alone will
not help ok!
There were competitions to combine tech and cook. Afterall,
it was Apptasting event you see. In One competition, you’ll be blindfolded and
given one soup. You have to identify the ingredients. This girl has made too
much of Tomato Soup at home I think. She guessed some 7-8 ingredients in Tomato
soup and won a Nokia Lumia phone. Oh my
god! If oneLumia phone means ok. Again she gave some idea for an app related to
shopping and won a Nokia Lumia phone again. One cooking and one shopping; she
has two two Lumia phones in her kitty. I scratched my heads to answer. But
still nothing happened. The power of women means this only. And I was very
jealous of this girl ya. Nevertheless, she was little bit fat, but cute
looking. *smiling*
Nokia is coming up with a contest: It is called “Your Wish
is My app”. It works this way. If you have any problem and you have an idea to develop
an app to solve that problem means you can submit that idea to Nokia. Nokia
will develop an app for you. No idea? Get idea!!! How cool na! Just imagine
everyone submitting one one idea means over only. Within no time, windows
market will have millions of apps. Then I can buy Windows phone easily. So
submit one whacky techie idea for Apps. What say?
Throughout the event, met so many interesting people. We didn’t
whine. But we had wine. There was a chap aged 10 and he is on blogging to
express his feelings it seems. And another fellow by name Tiger (No no. He is
Human being only) had made four girlfriends on his blog and married one of them
it seems. Couldn’t believe only. And in between,
Rajeev was cracking some nice witty jokes. Sooper anchor only. After the event,
had a nice dinner and came home. It was very nicely organized and was fun
filled. Good to know the strategies of Nokia to amplify their application in
Windows market. Good luck Nokia. Hoping that #Apptasting will help you in that
front.
P.S: I’m not going to be thinking about this oldie aged 62 who blogs about sex and receive 2500 hits a day!

It was a fun filled evening....Wonderful!
ReplyDeletehahaha :D Why Jealous of me ya??? Poor one I am ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks :D for calling me fat and cute :D at the same time ;)
:) Thanks a lot it was super evening and hello ;)you are welcome for a tomato soup party at my home :D LOL
@Sekhar: Yeah. Had great fun
ReplyDelete@Ramya: Hahahaha.. Yeah. I too had great time! Thanks for the invite :). Thank god its soup party. If you invite for lunch and ask for ingredients and all means I'm gone only. :P
ReplyDelete